The Scientific Committee invites authors to submit their abstracts for consideration and inclusion in the programme.
Online submission of abstracts opens: 27 June 2019
Abstract submission deadline: 29 August 2019
Abstract evaluation deadline: 30 August 2019
2. STIs in pregnancy and Mother-to-Child transmission of STIs
3. HIV and other STIs
4. Chlamydia & Mycoplasma & Gonorrhea and drug resistence
5. Genital herpes & Genital warts
6. Basic Science & Translational Research
7. Epidemiology & Monitoring
8. Behavioral & Social Science
9. Policy & Community Engagement
author's preference for poster or oral presentation.
1) All abstracts must be submitted online. Faxed or mailed abstracts will not be reviewed.
2) Abstracts should contain new information and not have been presented before.
3) All abstracts must be submitted in ENGLISH.
4) Specify all abbreviations in full at the first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. Use the abbreviation thereafter.
5) Do not include references
6) Check the abstract thoroughly for spelling and grammar.
7) By submitting an abstract, all authors agree to release the license to the Congress organizers and give permission to publish the abstract in the Congress programme- book and on the website (and by doing so, certify that the abstract is original work).
8) Presenting author must register for the congress through the website before Sep 28, 2019.
9) All abstracts must include:
Title - maximum 125 characters
Full name, email address and affiliation(s) are mandatory for each author.
Indicate the presenting author for the abstract.
Body of Abstract must be structured as follows :
Maximum 500 words (authors and title not included)
Abstract must be structured as follows: Background: study objectives, hypothesis tested, or description of problem.
Methods: method used, or approach taken.
Results: present in summarized form, must include data and/or substantial information about results, but do not include tables, graphs or pictures.
Conclusion: description of main outcomes of the study. Include knowledge or insight that Congress attendees will gain from the presentation, and an explanation of how Congress attendees can apply the skills and/or knowledge within their communities.
|Notification of Acceptance|
-All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee according to standard review procedures.
-The Scientific Committee will determine the form of presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference for poster or oral presentation.
-The first author is expected to attend the Congress and present the poster or oral presentation
-Notification of acceptance will be sent by e-mail to corresponding, presenting and abstract submitting authors by August 31, 2019.
|Withdrawal of Abstracts|
-If the presenting author of an accepted abstract does not register by the pre-registration date, the abstract will be automatically withdrawn from the final program.
-If you would like to withdraw an abstract, please notify the IUSTI-AP 2019 Secretariat in writing as soon as possible.